This technique decompresses the spine with gentle stretching or traction to the lower spine. A specific table was created for this technique in order to separate different parts of the spine. Disc height between vertebrae is increased, there is decompression to the spinal column and spinal joints are properly realigned and have a wide range of motion. This benefits of this technique include:
- Reduced pressure on the spinal nerves
- Increase in spinal motion within disc and spinal joints
- Reduced symptoms of sciatica
Some of the conditions that are helped by Flexion Distraction Therapy are:
- Lumbar disc injuries
- Low back pain
- Leg pain/Sciatica
- General lower back stiffness
- Sacroiliac syndrome
- Spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Failed back surgical syndrome
This is a very relaxing therapy used by chiropractors and many patients find it calming and pleasant.
Contact Spruce Chiropractic Health Center and schedule an appointment today!